Large, privately held firm needed to convert and integrate internal systems and database into ARGUS®.
Realogic implemented a system to integrate internal budgets & accounting system with ARGUS via the use of Open ARGUS. Total integration of tenant, expense and recovery data on 120+ assets in less than 4 weeks.
Financial and non-financial lease information is needed in a concise, easy to use format for accurate decision making and tenant retention.
Using ELLIPSIS, a proprietary lease administration application, ongoing lease administration is performed. Data shared electronically and includes financial information, critical dates including those for options and encumbrances (ROFO, ROFR, rights to terminate, renewal & expansion options, relocation clauses, etc.), encumbrances by floor, and color stacking plans. Property managers, asset managers, owners, leasing agents, property accountants and lenders can all receive same data electronically on an ongoing basis.
A client called with an immediate need to model a 9,000 tenant portfolio in ARGUS®. The client was in competition with several industry counterparts to acquire the portfolio and timing was of the essence. Fortunately, source documents were available; unfortunately the documents were in Adobe PDF format.
Realogic gathered its analytical team and devised a process that:
- Converted all pdf files into MS Excel files
- The Excel files were migrated into MS Access.
- Using OpenArgus, all Access files were imported into Argus v12.
- All Argus files were reviewed and forwarded to the client.
The client was at an advantage during the bidding process due to Realogic’ ability to provide current financial information via Argus™ models.
Portfolio owner of specialty-use assets required an ARGUS® run to evaluate potential joint venture proposal presented to them by an investment banking firm. Required turnaround time was seven (7) business days.
After confirming the required assumptions to be used in ARGUS®
A client was given two weeks to evaluate assets prior to an offering memorandum, which was being made available to other industry players. Unfortunately, no ARGUS® files existed and information was only available from the accounting system.
All data, including recovery mechanics, resided in MRI. Realogic extracted all data from MRI and:
• Built 140+ ARGUS files from scratch within 5 days.
• Prepared an Excel workbook of market data for each asset that was given to the underwriting team to assist in their process.
• After the underwriters made adjustments to the market data, Realogic re-imported the changesto the ARGUS files.
The client was able to perform an in-depth portfolio analysis which allowed them to move ahead with the transaction.
Large REIT required Dyna (ARGUS Asset Management®) installation for their entire portfolio of high profile trophy assets.
- Realogic interviewed client to develop Dyna template, including chart of accounts and portfolio groupings.
- Tenant data imported from MRI into Dyna template via G-Link and merged with budget data and property assumptions provided by client.
- Upon completion, client trained in use of template for future acquisitions and updates.
A client was going public and needed to straight line their rental income for the previous 5 years. The portfolio consisted of close to 20 Million Square Feet and over 2,500 Tenant Records; 3 to 5 year analysis depending on the acquisition date.
Realogic created a customized Excel model to calculate the straight line rental revenue and adjustment amount at the tenant level, with building level aggregation.
Realogic then prepared individual building tenant rosters, based on historical rent rolls, to determine the occupied tenant population over the last 5 years.
After the initial setup, Realogic worked in conjunction with the client's accounting firm auditing the results to resolve any discrepancies and assure compliance with standardized accounting guidelines.
Large private equity firm needed to produce quarterly valuations using ARGUS Valuation - DCF® on a portfolio of assets in excess of 130 buildings and 3,000 tenants. As with many real estate companies, much of the data already existed in their accounting system, Yardi 6.0.® The client considered hiring several full-time analysts to finish the task manually but first called Realogic for an alternative approach.
- Realogic performed a top-level needs assessment and review of the Yardi data
- Initial review confirmed that Yardi & ARGUS Valuation - DCF integration was possible using the ARGUS Export feature in REALOGIC BUDGET
- Realogic quickly established the data link, portfolio reporting, security levels and training
- REALOGIC BUDGET's web-based solution funcionality enabled asset managers to begin creating their ARGUS files using the following data points from Yardi:
- Rent Roll data including name, suite, term and charge detail
- Recovery detail including expense groups, recovery pools, pro rata shares, caps, floors, stops and all relevant mechanics
- The following items were defined within REALOGIC BUDGET
- Market Data
- Assumptions for expiring tenants and lease up terms for vacant spaces